17 Oct Newgrad Bootcamp – Keys to success for new physiotherapists – November 18th in Newcastle
Boost your ability to confidently treat patients, work as part of a success team and launch your career as a musculoskeletal therapist with the help of our Newgrad Bootcamp.
Due to feedback from graduating students Jason Bradley from BodyWorx Physio has decided to launch this 1 day intensive workshop to help prepare Physio students entering the workforce.
Who needs to attend
- 4th year Physiotherapy students interested in working in the private practice and specifically in musculoskeletal area
- This course is also open to and would be beneficial to 3rd year students.
What it covers
- Top 5 questions you must ask in your subjective and how this will frame your treatment
- Top three functional and predictive tests for each body area
- Constructing treatment management plans to improve compliance and results.
- Review of the 10 most effective and easiest taping techniques
- Treating the 5 most common injuries in private practice.
- Marketing and promotion for newgrads: filling your appointment book and achieving great results.
- Contracts and employment: how to avoid being taken advantage of, what are your rights and responsibilities.
- Incorporating functional advanced training into physiotherapy programs
- Overview on creating custom orthotics using forceplate technology
- Using stock and equipment to boost patient results
Everyone who attends this course will receive:
- Quick reference for the 20 most common conditions in private practice. Includes: subjective, objective, hands on treatment, exercise prescription and referral/investigative options.
- Employment guide written by top author and presenter Natasha Hawker director of Employee Matters. This guide covers all of your rights and responsibilities as an employee.
- Direct placement of your resume and placement on the recruitiing database with the owners of 4 of the top Physiotherapy businesses in NSW and QLD. You may already have a job for next year but you will have the opportunity to put yourself in front of some of the countries top employers for future opportunities.
Normally education and APA courses cost between $300-600 per day. But our aim is to help newgrads achieve better results – plus this is our first year running so there is a small catch.
Total cost: $50 for this all day workshop (9am-5pm)
The Catch: I want your feedback afterwards on how to make it better next year (that’s it – I just want really good feedback). Tell me what you loved, hated, bored you to tears (like an 8am lecture after student night). And also anything that you think I missed and would be beneficial.
How to register
Click below to download the form and email it back to me at Jason@bodyworxphysio.com.au to secure your spot.
Spaces are limited due to our clinic area size. Registrations close 16/11/17.
Trouble downloading the form? Give us a call or duck into The Junction clinic and register in person
When: Saturday November 18th 9am-5pm
Where: BodyWorx Physio, 78 Glebe Rd, The Junction.